Thursday, July 3, 2008

The first four days -Josephine

2 July
We started the day by finishing our mind map. Step one is now taken. We decided that we now need to brainstorm about what we want to make. I'm disappointed that we didn't have more time to continue work. The lectures was very interesting and the commercial for Honda stayed in my mind. We also went out for a little walk in the neighborhood to se calligraphy allped in real life. Just after a while we had leared to recognise at least two diffrent ones. We took some pictures for our poster.

Thought of the day: The only thing some muslim women show is their eyes and that is the one thing I hide. (Sara was the one noticing this)

1 July
One thing we all noticed right away was that Ömer knew a lot about calligraphy. This has been really helpful for us since at least I didn't know anything about it. We stared out by discussing what it really is. After that we began making the mind map. We where all focusing on the facts about calligraphy and tried to understand the meaning of it.
I discovered that I been placed in a very nice group with people with different skills: Ömer is our expert on calligraphy, Anna is a very good painter and Cyrille and I are very different but we both know a lot about creativity.
I liked the museum a lot but I felt that I didn't have much time to fully discover the calligraphy pieces. Ömer and I had a very interesting discussion about creativity and school and if it is good or bad to teach children the right and wrong answerer for everything.

Thought of the day: Youtube is banned in Turkey!

30 July
It was really fun and interesting to meet all the other students especially the team I was given. At lunch time the whole swedish group ended up with two turkish guys that took us to a nice place to eat. We learned a lot of thing for example the "interaction" between turkish people and kurdish people.

Thought of the day: Not a single Swede asked a question after the lecture.

29 June
We arrived much later than expected, a couple of things had gone wrong: The plane was late, we chose the slowest queue when going through customs and then the bus bumped into another car so we had to switch to a new bus. Then we all went out for dinner and I payed 13 ytl for three small grilled calamaris, went to bed still hungry.

No comments: